Grab your co-workers, friends, family, and neighbors to join hundreds of volunteers completing all kinds of projects benefiting Okaloosa and Walton counties! Day of Caring is our annual volunteer event where volunteers across the community complete service projects for local nonprofits, human service providers, and community organizations.
In 2019, 841 volunteers from 69 companies participated. They completed 62 projects and donated over 6,000 hours of service! Due to COVID, we hosted our Days of Caring virtually last year and are so excited to get back out! This year we are aligning Day of Caring with Martin Luther King Day’s National Day of Service celebrated on Monday, January 17th. Come be a part of this local tradition that has been going on for 28 years! Learn more about how you can get involved below.
Register yourself or your team:
There are three ways to get involved with Day of Caring. Indicate your preference(s) below:
- Complete a project on-site at a local school, community site, or organization. Past projects have included yard work, painting, and cleaning. On-site projects will be completed on Friday, January 14th between 8am-12pm.
- Complete an independent, off-site project on Monday, January 17th - such as a beach cleanup.
- Complete a kit build or virtual project at your workplace. Options include making cards for hometown heroes and building literacy kits for local children. *Kit builds may have associated costs for materials, contact email@example.com for details.
- Each team will need to assign a leader who will coordinate with UWEC and the project site lead. They will be responsible for registering the team and submitting the volunteer waiver (more details shared below), as well as attending the site and team leads meet and greet to pick up t-shirts, organize project details, and more.
- Please download and complete the Day of Caring Waiver. Either submit the waiver below with the volunteer form or bring a hard copy to the meet and greet. For groups/workplaces it is the Team Lead’s responsibility to ensure all members of the team have been notified and are included on the waiver.
Local organizations, please submit your project/volunteer requests here:
Sponsor Day of Caring: $500
Share your care as a UWEC Day of Caring Sponsor! Sponsoring this event is a win-win both for our community and your company. Your name & logo will be featured showing your dedication to improving the area where your employees and customers live. Plus, you’ll receive some pretty cool perks:
- Logo included on Day of Caring t-shirt
- Logo on all event marketing materials
- Company name mentioned on event webpage
- Company name hyperlinked on UWEC Sponsors webpage for 1 year
- Company tagged in a minimum of 2 UWEC social media posts
If you’re interested in becoming a Day of Caring sponsor, please complete the form below or contact Aubrey Robbie with any questions.