EFSP PHASE 38 FUNDS AVAILABLE
Okaloosa County has been allocated Federal funds awarded through the Department of Homeland Security through the State Set-Aside (SSA) process under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board program. Okaloosa County has been chosen to receive $31,656 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
To be eligible to apply for EFSP funding, organizations must provide one or more of the following services (organizations may apply for more than one funding area):
- Food (served meals or groceries)
- Shelter (mass shelter or hotel/motel voucher)
- Rental Assistance
- Utility Assistance
The application for Phase 38 is due electronically to email@example.com no later than March 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM CST.
APPLYING ORGANIZATIONS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be private voluntary nonprofits or units of government
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have an accounting system or an approved fiscal agent
- Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number issued by Dun & Bradstreet
- Have a valid Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Be a registered user of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) or be willing to become a registered user and track EFSP clients in the system, if applying for rent, mortgage, and/or utility assistance.
- Practice non-discrimination (agencies with a religious affiliation, will not refuse service to a client based on religion, nor engage in religious proselytizing or religious counseling in any program receiving Federal funds)
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- Have a voluntary board
READY TO APPLY!
All applicants are encouraged to read the full EFSP Phase 35 Program Manual and Phase 38 addendum for full details. Please read the quick-reference guides in each category for an overview of the requirements. (Phase 35 EFSP Program Manual is the most recent and currently utilized, along with the Phase 38 addendum)
Download the Phase 38 Funding Application Here.
For more information about how to apply for EFSP funds in Okaloosa County, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850.243.0315
Walton County Phase 38 EFSP Recipents:
- Caring & Sharing of South Walton - $8,000
- Catholic Charities of NWFL - $5,000
- Matrix Community Outreach Center - $5,237
- The Salvation Army of Okaloosa & Walton Counties - $2,102