Volunteerism is the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED! You can invest your time and talents to create real change here in Okaloosa and Walton counties. When the community is generous, we all win. Get involved and make a difference!
Think of United Way Emerald Coast as your gateway to the nonprofit community. When you connect with us, you're automatically connected to 43 of the area's strongest nonprofit partners, too! We can help you find a volunteer opportunity that directly aligns with the time you have available, your passions and interests, and your skills. Whether you'd like to volunteer on your own from the comfort of your home, or you'd like to arrange quarterly volunteer projects for your department, just let us know and we'll work with you to find the perfect project.
A few of our volunteer opportunities are listed below. To learn more, or to discuss other options, please contact our Development & Engagement Coordinator, Aubrey Robbie, at 850.812.3387 or email@example.com.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities:
- ReadingPals: Help a local child build the literacy skills they need to be successful in school... and life. If you'd like to spend an hour a week reading with a child and helping them work on their social-emotional development, let us know. We'll pair you with a local kiddo who needs your help. Can't commit to an hour a week? No problem! You may serve as a duo (alternating weeks with a neighbor, friend, or colleague) or serve as a substitute.
- Host a Virtual Fundraiser: It's easy to set up a fundraising campaign through Facebook and if you select United Way Emerald Coast as your beneficiary, dollars raised will stay right here in Okaloosa and Walton counties. All you have to do is visit our page, select "Fundraiser" then "Create Fundraiser" and you'll be guided through the process.
Current Volunteer Opportunities with United Way:
- Food Distributions: In partnership with Destin Harvest, Feeding the Gulf Coast, and the USDA's Farm to Families Program, we host drive-thru food distribution events where volunteers pack and distribute boxes of food to the community.
- Office Repair: Our Crestview building could use a little TLC. Let us know if you'd like to help us paint, if you're skilled at replacing paneling, or if you'd like to spend some time pressure washing in the sunshine.
- RSVP: Are you age 55 or better? You're invited to join the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program! This program, supported by an AmeriCorps Seniors grant, connects retirees with local service opportunities that utilize a lifetime of skills & experience to make a lasting impact in the community.
- Workplace & Group Volunteerism: Volunteer projects are great for team building and reinforce your organization's dedication to giving back to our community. Working with our 43 local, nonprofit Partner Agencies, our team can find or create a volunteer opportunity that aligns with your goals and values.
There are so many ways you can volunteer in the community. Submit the Volunteer Interest Form below and we will help you find a project you'll love!
Nonprofit Partner Volunteer Request:
Are you a local nonprofit or community-based organization seeking volunteers? Connect with us to find out how United Way Emerald Coast can help you meet your volunteer needs.
Contact our Director of Community Impact, Brittnee Orr, at 850.243.0315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.